Building Futures East is a strongly value driven organisation. Through our work we want to contribute to the address of social and economic inequality. We are motivated by a desire for social justice, by a desire to ensure that everyone, regardless of where they come from or what their background is, has an opportunity to improve their life opportunities.
Our staff team is carefully selected and blends occupational experience and expertise with a strong base of personal values and beliefs that are consistent with those of the organisation.
We believe in what we do, we believe in the value of what we do and its contribution to supporting the creation of resilient and vibrant communities. Our work starts with the individual and through this individual transformation or growth it radiates across personal and family networks and through communities.
Clearly our work has a focus. There is a rigour to our successful delivery model and our methods. Relationships are based upon reciprocity. What we offer, we offer freely, but with the expectation of mutual respect and a desire and commitment to work with us towards success.
Inherent values that appear as characteristics of our model are; service, our desire to work towards securing or attaining the hopes and aspirations of our service users and therefore addressing their needs and removing the obstacles to their success; and compassion, we care deeply and are committed to the realisation of their goals in a way that also accepts and accommodates the complexity of some of their lives but at the same time avoids judgement.
We are not therefore an organisation that exists for financial gain and any profit generated by the organisation is committed to reinvestment to expand and improve upon the services and support that we offer.
We believe in:
- Involving our communities and being accountable to them.
- Developing our business and offering opportunity, with integrity and respect, in all of our relationships.
- Setting ourselves high standards in quality and ensuring that they are met.
- Embracing diversity and caring for and improving all of our people.
- Creating a challenging and rewarding workplace.
- Developing innovative and best value solutions.
- Sharing knowledge.
- Promoting collaboration and partnership across all areas of our activity and learning from those with whom we work.